100 Good Descriptive Essay Topics
There are hundreds of descriptive essay topics for college students, so it may be quite difficult to choose the one that will suit your needs and interests. Luckily, you no longer have to worry what to write about, because we have collected 100 outstanding descriptive essay topics for students of all academic levels and backgrounds. Just pick an issue (location, person, mind, etc.) and select one of the offered topics.
You can even print these descriptive essay topics list out to save yourself from any similar troubles in the future. Any time you lack ideas, feel puzzled, or can’t find enough energy, just open the list, and you will surely find enough motivation to start writing.
Pro tip: if you are looking for an easy way to complete your dissertation, you should pay a visit to our professional Ph.D. writers. Get the best dissertation help at WriteAnyPapers!
Descriptive essay topics & ideas list
Below we offer descriptive essay ideas in four main categories: places, people, memory, and mind. Make sure you read all of them carefully to make the right choice!
Descriptive essay about a place
When you need to write a descriptive essay about the beach, park, city, or any other destination, you need to turn to the following topics:
- Tell about the place you are living in. Is it a house or an apartment? Would you like to renovate it or even move away? Or you like it the way it is?
- Where would you like to go during your next vacation?
- What is a perfect winter location.
- The best place to be during summer break.
- What colleges and universities can do to improve the living conditions of their students?
- Three places you like the most in your country.
- What is the place where you’d like to have a wedding, and why?
- Where have you seen the brightest stars? How was it?
- Tell about your experience of visiting a musical festival or an open-air concert;
- What countries would you like to see the most?
- The city we were born in always remains in our hearts.
- Why Istanbul is the heart of Turkey, although it is not even the capital?
- What was the loudest location you have ever visited?
- The best spot in the world.
- Tell readers about your educational establishment.
- Describe places that you regularly visit with your family.
- The most beautiful beach you have ever been to.
- What would be a perfect place for a music festival?
- Tell about World Wonders.
- What could be a perfect Eight World Wonder.
- Describe your emotions, when visiting places from your childhood.
- What makes your country better than the rest?
- Describe how can you get from the place A to the place B.
- The best place for a college party.
- Your favorite fictional place.
Descriptive essay about a person
Good descriptive essay topics always concern our feelings and experiences. There is no better way to render them than to choose descriptive essay topics for college about people!
- Describe your father (or any other relative) in details.
- Give a comprehensive description of the person that you consider a role model.
- Why is Martin Luther King such an important figure?
- Who is your favorite TV series character? Why?
- A popular villain: describe his personality.
- What traits in your close friend do you like the most?
- What qualities make your spouse an important part of your life?
- What is your choice: Wonder Woman or Black Widow?
- Describe the teacher you like the most.
- Who was the greatest president of the US? Explain why.
- Who is your favorite actor? Why?
- Why people behave the way they do?
- What influences your behavior the most?
- Tell about a person that you can’t stand.
- Describe a movie that you don’t like at all.
- The scariest horror character of all times.
- What would you do if you met a celebrity?
- What qualities should best friends possess?
- People with what qualities might become your enemies?
- Does friendship between a woman and a man exist? Support your opinion with examples;
- Describe the CEO you admire.
- A popular fashion model.
- Why Abraham Lincoln is one of the most significant figures in US history.
- Why your mother is the most loving in the world?
- What features make your father stand out from other fathers?
If you need easy descriptive essay topics, you should definitely pay attention to writing about objects.
- Does your family have a relict? Describe it.
- An object that has saved your life.
- Your favorite childhood toy.
- Describe an object that you were craving enough that you could steal it due to lack of money.
- The most popular paintings in the world.
- Describe one of the latest innovations and tell how it may help society.
- What things any writer should have to create a good text.
- Describe time and distance from a physical point of view.
- Wonders of the Ancient World (choose Rome, Greece or Egypt.)
- Are there any icons at the place you live in?
- Why Is The Empire State Building so unique?
- Describe Taj Mahal. Its history and legacy.
- Planets of the Solar System.
- Importance of the Bible in our lives.
- Why is a good bed so important for quality sleep?
- Clothes you prefer to wear.
- Why are soft toys so popular?
- What you always take on a trip?
- Can money buy happiness? What objects would you buy if you had all the money in the world?
- Tell few words about the house of your neighbors.
- What things make your bedroom so unique?
- Why your favorite toy is so special?
- Influence of your favorite book on your personality.
- Why was Tamagotchi so popular?
- Fruits and vegetables that you regularly consume. Why are they useful?
Descriptive essay topics for high school students may be quite simple. However, if you are a college or a university student, you may be asked to write about your memories. Are you ready to challenge yourself?
- What was the best day of your life? Describe it using comparisons and examples.
- What made your last vacation so special?
- Tell about visiting the birthday of your childhood friend.
- Tell about your first day at school or college. How did you feel?
- What was your worst experience?
- Try to describe the memories about a beloved person that has passed away.
- What things you love doing with your parents.
- The first time you fell in love.
- Describe a day that managed to change your point of view drastically.
- Tell about your latest experience of traveling overseas.
- What did you experience during an important exam?
- What situation made you really scared?
- What made you laugh out loud?
- Tell about your visit to the homeland.
- Describe a secret place that you love going to since childhood.
- What did you feel when seeing snow for the first time?
- What do you remember from your seventh birthday?
- How did you feel when attending a funeral?
Apart from easy or funny descriptive essay topics, you may be asked to write about your mind, thoughts, and vision of various problems. This may be challenging but not with the topics we offer:
- Create a virtual map of your mind to tell others about your experiences.
- Why keeping a diary may be so important?
- Tell about your experience of being an exchange student. How did it help to change your beliefs?
- How does it feel to be on a ship in the middle of the ocean?
- Why bicycle riding stimulates our brain?
- Why children have more flexible minds?
- What academic experience made you proud enough to share it with the admission committee?
Choosing a great topic is already half of success, so don’t forget to save this article or download the list to make writing description essays in future simple and fun!